We’re a small busy team based in central London and we’re looking to recruit an intern for four months. It’s an exciting opportunity with a pioneering social enterprise and we’d love you to join us.
Intern – general administration
- Remuneration: £11.50 per hour
- Term: Fixed term for 4 months
- Working Hours: 3 days a week, 9am to 5pm with 1 hour lunch
- Location: Chancery Lane, London
- Start date: January 2022
Established in 2004, Zaytoun is an award winning company and the UK’s leading brand of fair trade Palestinian fine foods. Products include the world’s first Fairtrade olive oil, za’atar, maftoul, freekeh, almonds and Medjoul dates.
Zaytoun was founded to support Palestinian farmers through fair trade. In addition to the economic opportunity, we market a tree planting programme, conduct tours to visit Palestine, and a Fairtrade Fortnight producer tour, all of which aim to connect producers to consumers, and celebrate Palestine’s rich cultural and culinary heritage while raising awareness of the hardships faced by farming communities living under occupation. 100% of our profits are reinvested into furthering this mission.
As of 31st December 2020, our turnover was over £1.6 million. Our team of 4 full time and 2 part time staff are all passionate about our mission. The small team works closely together on a collaborative basis and is governed by a board made up of nine directors, two of which are executive directors.
The intern will support all members of the team on a wide variety of administrative tasks which will include but are not exclusive to:
- Populating our database
- Taking calls and processing customer orders
- Liaising with the warehouse regarding stock and deliveries
- Following up on customer service enquiries
- Supporting the finance team with stock and bank reconciliations and other related tasks
- Organising the packing and posting of parcels
The tasks listed above are a rough outline of the responsibilities. We work in a small team within a dynamic environment and require our team members to be flexible and willing to get stuck into any task that may arise.
- Enthusiasm for Palestine, fair trade and our mission
- IT literacy especially MS office
- Strong organisational skills
- Positive attitude, good phone manner, adaptability, flexibility, initiative, drive, problem solving skills
- University degree preferable but not essential
- Candidates must have the right to work in the UK.
Please apply by sending a CV and covering letter outlining why you would like to intern at Zaytoun to email@example.com by 15th November.
Interviews will take place in November/December and the internship will commence in mid-January 2022.
Zaytoun is committed to equality and diversity within our team and welcomes applications from all backgrounds.