We are looking for a Social Media & Marketing Officer
– Full time, 35 hours per week, 6 month fixed term with possibility to extend. (Part-time candidates may be considered)
– Salary: starting at £34K per annum
– Holiday entitlement: 25 days per year plus Bank Holidays
– Working hours: 9am to 5pm with flexibility on lunch break, and start and finish times
– Location: Chancery Lane, London – primarily office based with the option for hybrid working
– Start date: as soon as possible
Established in 2004, Zaytoun is a social enterprise and the UK’s leading brand of ethically sourced Palestinian products. As a Community Interest Company we are driven by our mission to grow the market for Palestinian produce in order to support farming in Palestine as a sustainable source of livelihood and resilience for the producing communities.
Our Palestinian range includes the world’s first Fairtrade olive oil, za’atar, Medjoul dates from Jericho as well as almonds and grains. In addition to the food products, we have recently launched a skin care range. We know many of the farmers and suppliers that we work with in Palestine personally, and are regularly in touch.
Zaytoun has grown steadily over the years and our small team of 6 staff members works closely together on a collaborative basis. The company is governed by a board made up of executive and non-executive directors.
Discover more about Zaytoun on zaytoun.uk I Instagram I Facebook I Twitter
About the role
We’re looking for a digitally-savvy Social Media & Marketing Officer to work within a small, committed, friendly team driven by the company’s mission. Excellent teamwork is key to our success and the right candidate will contribute to our strategic direction and support the wider business. This role would be a great fit for a self-motivated communicator who enjoys working closely within a small team, and wants to make a positive impact on the growth of a values-driven company.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the post-holder will help plan and execute a social media and marketing strategy and assist with a variety of marketing and sales related tasks. Working within the marketing and communications team the ideal candidate will contribute to the delivery of our strategic goals.
- Work with marketing and communications team members to manage and develop the company’s online presence
- Contribute to the planning and execution of marketing campaigns aimed at driving engagement and expanding reach
- Develop marketing and social media written and visual content that communicates the purpose and benefit of the products and champions the producers
- Draft social media posts/stories for platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Threads, Twitter, Tiktok, and LinkedIn
- Budget, plan, design and deliver high quality content and marketing resources to a diverse audience to be used across multiple platforms including: website, newsletter, annual review/impact report, social media, point of sale material
- Bring the products’, producers’ and company’s mission to life
- Track, analyse and report on effectiveness of marketing campaigns and ads
- Plan and deliver digital, print and social media campaigns and events
- Help identify, monitor and analyse social media KPIs
- Create ads online and across social media platforms
Qualifications and skills
- Demonstrable extensive experience in content & social media marketing ideally within food/ FMCG sector
- Fluency in written & spoken English
- Excellent copywriting, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrable experience in the delivery of high quality written and visual content across multiple communication channels
- Experience of applying key marketing principles and tools including surveys, market research, focus groups, brand positioning, customer segmentation, targeting, pricing, new product development
- Strong understanding of digital communications, the latest social media trends (including Instagram, Facebook, Tiktok, LinkedIn, Google analytics, SEO
- Experience of working successfully with Mailchimp and/or other CRM
- Skilled at adapting to changing business priorities and undertaking a variety of tasks to support a growing business
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-focussed with good attention to detail
- Commercial acumen and project management skills
- Interest in Palestine, food and fair trade
Desirable but not essential
- Experience within an e-commerce environment in the B2B or B2C food/drink consumer products sector
- Experience or qualification in marketing
- Graphic design, photography/video skills
If you are up to the challenge, please send a cover letter and CV to Manal Ramadan White firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 8th December 2023.
Applications may close before the deadline, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
APPLICANTS MUST BE RESIDENT AND ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE UNITED KINGDOM.