Take creamy Palestinian almonds and team with aromatic basil to create this pesto. Add it to pasta, swirl into soup or stir it through roast vegetables.
Serves 2. Prep time: 20 minutes
- 50g Zaytoun almonds, skin on
- 30g fresh basil, leaves only
- 70ml Zaytoun extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 1 ½ tbsp lemon juice
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Optional grated parmesan cheese
1. Dry roast the almonds in a skillet until fragrant and a little bit darker. Keep them moving so they don’t burn.
2. Blend almonds till they look like coarse breadcrumbs.
3. Add garlic, basil, olive oil, lemon and seasoning (and grated parmesan if using). Pulse until the mixture has got a coarse sauce consistency.
Double or triple the recipe and store in a jar, top with extra virgin olive oil. Keeps for a week in the fridge and freezes well.