A simple recipe for a maftoul salad with an olive oil, lemon and za’atar dressing. Delicious for lunch, and a tasty accompaniment to a main dish.
- 200g Zaytoun giant couscous maftoul
- 5 tbsp Zaytoun extra virgin olive oil
- 75g raisins
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 small bunch spring onions, sliced thinly
- 1 small bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 1 fresh chilli pepper, sliced thinly
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tsp Zaytoun za’atar
- Add 1 tbsp salt to 1 litre of water and bring to the boil
- Toast maftoul in 2 tablespoons of olive oil for 4 minutes on
- Add toasted maftoul to the boiling water and let it simmer for 12
- At the same time add 250ml hot water to the raisins and simmer
in a pot for 10 minutes. Allow to cool then drain
- Sauté onions in 1 tbsp of olive oil, and set aside to cool
- In a large bowl, combine the maftoul, raisins, both kinds of
onions, parsley, chilli, za’atar, lemon juice, and 2 tbsp olive oil and
mix, seasoning with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Thank you to our supplier, Canaan Palestine, for this recipe.