Made with our fudgy Medjouls, these flapjacks are fiendishly more-ish and will make you the hero of any get-together. Delicious with a cup of tea.
Makes 14 portions
- 125g unsalted butter
- 100g brown sugar
- 50g honey
- 225g porridge oats
- 10 pitted and chopped Zaytoun Medjoul dates
- 50g chopped Zaytoun raw almonds
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-2 tablespoon toasted coconut flakes, sesame seeds or sunflower seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas.
2. Line a 27 x 18 cm (approx.) baking dish with baking parchment.
3. Place the butter, sugar and honey in a pan at medium heat until the butter is melted. Remove from the heat and pour over the oats, dates, nuts, cinnamon, seeds and salt and combine.
4. Transfer the mixture to the baking tray. Use the back of a spoon to press down the mixture in the tray until it’s compacted and even. Bake in the pre-heated oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
5 Remove from the oven and allow to cool down completely before turning out and cutting into slices.