Made with our fudgy Medjouls, these flapjacks are fiendishly more-ish and will make you the hero of any get-together. Delicious with a cup of tea.
Makes 14 portions
- 125g unsalted butter
- 100g brown sugar
- 50g honey
- 225g porridge oats
- 10 pitted and chopped Zaytoun Medjoul dates
- 50g chopped Zaytoun raw almonds
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-2 tablespoon toasted coconut flakes, sesame seeds or sunflower seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas.
- Line a 27 x 18 cm (approx.) baking dish with baking parchment.
- Place the butter, sugar and honey in a pan at medium heat until the butter is melted. Remove from the heat and pour over the oats, dates, nuts, cinnamon, seeds and salt and combine.
- Transfer the mixture to the baking tray. Use the back of a spoon to press down the mixture in the tray until it’s compacted and even. Bake in the pre-heated oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool down completely before turning out and cutting into slices.