An easy recipe for giant couscous maftoul with seasonal asparagus and roasted tomatoes. Delicious as a side dish in early summer, and ideal for a BBQ.
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 200g Zaytoun organic giant couscous Maftoul
- 250g fresh asparagus spears
- 125g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 6 tbsp Zaytoun organic olive oil
- 4 tsp vinegar
- 2-4 tsp salt flakes to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- A small handful of basil or oregano leaves
- Preheat your oven to 220C.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper, and place the tomatoes on it. Season with 4 tbsp olive oil, salt flakes and pepper to taste, and top with an oregano or basil leaf.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until they lose most of their moisture and their skin starts to roast slightly.
- Wash the maftoul and place in a saucepan with 500ml of water and a pinch of salt. Bring it to the boil then leave to simmer on a low heat until all the liquid is absorbed – approximately 12-15 minutes.
- In the meantime, trim the asparagus spears, cutting off the hard stalks, then add them to a pan of boiling water for 4 minutes or until tender. Drain and cut into pieces of about 2 cm each.
- Place the maftoul, asparagus, semi-dried cherry tomatoes in a bowl and toss with the grated parmesan cheese, vinegar and remaining olive oil. Season with salt flakes and ground black pepper.
- Drizzle with more olive oil to taste. Enjoy!